Our intellectual property focus arises from an in-depth knowledge and practical experience in the areas of trademarks, patent, designs and copyright.
Our intellectual property practice thrives on a unique network of intellectual property professionals who are able to deliver cost effective and efficient service in registration of trademarks and patents at the Trademark Registry. Members of our team have great insight to the dynamics of the industry and are able to leverage on key relationships to ensure a quick turnaround time for lodged applications.
With a fusion of our intellectual property practice, and dispute resolution practices, we are able to offer bespoke services to our clients which include; but are not limited to:
- Providing general legal advice on registrability and conducting searches at the Registry.
- Providing legal advice on licensing, franchising and assignment of intellectual property rights.
- Due diligence verification of intellectual property assets.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating all documentation relating to intellectual property rights.
- Filing trademark applications.
- Conducting opposition proceedings in trademark applications.
- Processing patent and design applications.
- Representing client in intellectual property litigation and dispute resolution.
- Representing clients in enforcement proceedings for copyright infringement.
- Registration of products with the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration (NAFDAC) and the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON).
- Regulatory compliance services with National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion (NOTAP) and Nigerian Copyrights Commission.